About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Thursday, June 14, 2007
On the Mend
I am happy to report that we have had 2 peaceful nights in a row. Kayla slept soundly through Tuesday night and last night. I was actually surprised b/c it can take time for the medication to build up in your system. I’m assuming that since she was still getting half her dose through last Friday that it had not all left her system so it didn’t take much to re-suppress her stomach pumps. But it also goes to show that her reflux disease is pretty bad if she has that much pain while she’s still taking a half of her needed dose.

It was so sad b/c Tuesday I told her I would give her the tummy medicine so she could sleep in her bed. She started to cry and said she didn’t want to sleep in her bed; she wanted to sleep in her chair. My heart broke. That night, she did indeed fall asleep in her chair, NOT her bed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We did go in, put the wedges that we have for reflux in her bed and I then moved her to her bed. She was then medicated and elevated and slept soundly all night. We will keep her wedges in her bed for the remainder of the week to give her medication the chance to fully build up. Her eating has improved but it’s not yet back to normal. But that will come.

Off topic – I have one week left until my house goes into chaos for about 3 weeks. The last week of June, J and I are on vacation. We will be heading up to our Timeshare in Callicoon, New York State. We plan on staying there as long as the girls will tolerate. We very possibly will head home early to do some daytrips. It’s a great resort, but I don’t think there is enough to entertain them for a full 8 days. And we have tons to do around us. The Zoo, Storybook Land (an amusement park for little ones), the Aquarium, the Insectarium (yes, insects – yuck), local farms, etc. The week after that is July 4th week – I am actually off for July 4th AND 5th, which happens to be J’s normal days off so we get an extra 2 days together. Then on the 6th, I head out to North Carolina with my parents to visit my gm with the girls. The weekend after that, I am heading out solo to visit my Sister so I can FINALLY meet my newest nephew. It will be the first time I have spent more than a night away from the girls (aside from when I was in the hospital after having Alysa). But even then I saw Kayla every day. I am looking forward to spending the time with my Sis and her family. It will be so weird to be able to eat dairy and not wash my hands immediately and to not stress over every crumb that falls to the floor. It will be a nice break, although I’m sure I’ll still be reading labels out of habit. :)

After my Ohio trip things should calm down for a few weeks. Hopefully that will give me the time to fully plan Kayla’s birthday party which is set for August 11th. Amazing how busy summer can be. And of course comes the onslaught of birthday parties as Kayla has 3 friends with birthdays all around the same time in July. But it’s already a fun summer with the girls.

Yesterday, at Wal-Mart, I got the girls a couple new pool toys. You know, the cheap floaty toys that will last one season (hopefully). Kayla was SO excited this morning to see her inflatable Jet Ski. She was begging J to go in the pool as I left the house to head to work. :)

Last night I had a nice night out with my best friend. We went to the mall and had dinner. She did a BAD thing and “dragged” me into The Children’s Place (she’s having a girl in October). That store can be so evil. But…although I splurged a bit (well, only $30 worth), I shopped “good”. I bought only 3 outfits, all of which were on sale AND I got sizes for NEXT summer. So there you go. No guilt!

=====================================================================

I’m also adding to this post a meme that I was tagged for a couple weeks ago by Janeen. Sorry Janeen for taking so long…

What were you doing 10 years ago?

June 1997: I have just finished my Junior year of college and my first year at Rider University. I was moving into an apartment with my roommate from Rider/my best friend. J and I were not officially dating but were slowly moving towards that. And my gm had recently been dx'd with cancer.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
June 2006: Kayla was in Feeding Therapy, she had recently had an Upper Endoscopy done to look at her esophagus. Alysa was 6 months old. We had a nice family vacation at home that month with day trips.

Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Cheese & Crackers
2. Cheese Doodles
3. Chips & Dip
4. Nachos
5. Nuts
(now I’m hungry)

Five songs that you know all the lyrics:
1. Dora’s Theme Song
2. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
3. Hush Little Baby
4. Itsy Bitsy Spider
5. Skinnamarinkydinkydoo (sp?)
(yes, they are all kid’s songs – I hardly ever listen to adult music anymore so I don’t know what ones I still would know…)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Be a SAHM
2. Have NO debt (except a mortgage if we’re only talking 1 million)
3. College funds for the girls
4. A larger retirement fund for me and J
If we had millionS:
5. A bigger house on 3 acres

Five bad habits:
1. Not eating properly
2. Twirling my hair when I’m bored
3. Letting my upstairs bathroom sink go too long between cleanings
4. Lagging behind on e-mail replies
5. Not filing papers right away and therefore cluttering my desk up

Five things you like doing: (Not in any order of importance)
1. Playing with my kids
2. Digital Scrap Booking
3. Reading
4. Blogging
5. Hanging out with my Hubby
(I stuck with Janeen’s 5)

Five things you would never wear again:
1. Crop Tops
2. Bikini
3. Big Bangs
4. Leggings (out of the house)
5. Pants with the cuffs folded and rolled up ;)

Five favorite toys:
1. My computer
2. My camera
3. Our swing set
4. Our pool – keeps us all occupied
5. My digital voice recorder – I love capturing what they say

Now I tag:
I’m still behind, so I’ll tag anyone who wants to join in. If you do, leave me a comment so I can come check yours out.


posted at 2:20 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 9:05 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I'm so glad she's feeling better! I'm sorry her reflux is so bad.
I totally forgot about that meme:)
I hope you guys have a nice vacation!!

 
At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have some great plans for your vacation.

My kids like to sleep on our couch too when they are not feeling good, they get in that comfortable position that they wouldn't be able to get in if they slept in their bed.
I hope she continues to feel better! I am sorry too, that her reflux is that bad. I know when I was pregnant with Josh, I thought I was going to die, my heartburn was so bad, I can only imagine how such a sweet little one's tummy is feeling. Hope she gets another night of good sleep,...Mommy too!

Hope you have a good weekend.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have a great time and I am also glad shes better

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Wordless Wednesday
Am I Jumping the Gun...?
Mommy Talk #9
Strawberry Adventures
Saturday Photo Hunt
Wordless Wednesday - Apply Lotion Daily
A New Week
Mommy Talk #8
Saturday Scraps #1
Saturday Photo Hunt

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: