About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Sunday, July 01, 2007
Back to Life
Now I know how fast time goes by, but this week was ridiculous.

On Sunday we headed up to the Timeshare we have with my Mom and Sister. It is located outside of the Catskills in a tiny little town in New York State. My Sister and I grew up going there with our GP's. We stopped going for a while when our GF died there when I was 9. I started going again when I was a teenager. Now that our GM handed it over to us, we're going as often as we can. It's a wonderful family resort with lots of swimming, games, tennis, bowling, golf, bumper boats, etc. They have a camp for kids as well. You can basically go there and hybernate in your room with a full kitchen or never see the inside of your room. It's even more perfect for us b/c of Kayla's allergy. When it was just J and me we would go out to eat a few times and eat in at times. But with Kayla's special needs, it's so much easier to be able to eat in every meal and be out and about to play.

I will say though how your place in life changes your perspective. I remember when it would be just the 2 of us, besides the fact that we could do adult things and not worry about naps and watching out for 2 little ones, but we would wake up at 10 or later and be like - the housekeeper wants to come in already to clean the room? This time, it hit us that things open there SO late. The outdoor pool opens at 9, but everything else doesn't open until 10. When your kids get up at 6am, you feel like half your day is over by the time you can actually go and do something. There is only so much you can walk around the grouds - ESPECIALLY when the resort is in the mountains so you're constantly walking up and down hill, either carrying or pushing a Toddler and a Preschooler. :)

The girls loved it there. They were thrilled with the huge playground and of course they couldn't care less that it was technically for ages 5 and up. They'll go down any slide and run around w/o a second thought about how high up they are. I left that part to J b/c he's more "daring" with them than me and I'm afraid of heights. I don't need to project that phobia onto them. But they both did really well on the huge slides as well, so I'm glad I let J take over the reigns on that.

We stayed at the resort through Wed and this was actually just the right amount of time. The girls did better than I thought sleeping in the same room (or Kayla did) but it was still not great. The first night they were both so zonked that it was perfect. Alysa never napped in the car, so she went to bed at 6pm. We put Kayla down at 7 and she was very quiet and went to sleep quickly. But Kayla woke up at 6am (but luckily in a good mood) and woke Alysa up. That night, we put Alysa down at 7 but she was still awake at 8 when we put Kayla in bed, so all we heard were giggles and screeching until 10pm. Kayla woke up crying at 6am Tuesday morning. Needless to say they were exhausted Tuesday. That night Alysa was asleep when Kayla went to bed but Kayla woke her up with chatter so again it was giggles until around 10. Kayla woke up Wed crying at 4:45am. I quickly got her and Alysa went back to sleep until 6:45 and Kayla thankfully slept with me for 1.5 more hours. Oh and luckily it didn't seem to scar Kayla that J and I slept in separate beds. When you're used to a king bed, it just doesn't work squeezing both of us into a full size bed. :) But we were in the same room. LOL

The girls loved the kiddie pool and J and I found that more relaxing than the big pool since the kiddie pool was virtually empty the entire time and we could sit back, relax and watch the girls have a blast. The indoor pool was a huge hit as well b/c it had a small slide that went into the shallow end so the girls could actually use the slide. Kayla, although it was with her floaties on, of course, actually swam on her own. She learned to kick and paddle to get from the steps to J or me. We're very proud that she made that hug step.

Then there's the game room. With a big ball pit and tunnel climbing extravaganza. Kayla was so into it. Alysa loved the ball pit and tried a couple times to head into the tunnels. She liked it but when she got to the slide, our little dare-devil wouldn't go down it. We think it's b/c you couldn't see the bottom from up top. So that meant J and I took turns climbing into the tunnels to show her the way to the slide. The 3rd time she went up, she went down by herself. Kayla even made a friend one day. Little Landon - who is her age. They had so much fun playing in the tunnels together. Poor Alysa - we could tell she felt left out when they ventured up in to the tunnels.

Kayla was also intrigued by the game "Shubble". What is shubble you ask - it's shuffle board - how could you not know that? ;)

On the way home we stopped at my gf's. She is right on the way and I was able to see her newborn and her two older boys (both Kayla and Alysa's ages). We had a nice visit. J was very nice to stop with me as her hubby was at work, so he was surrounded by girl talk and kids. :)

Thursday we went to an Insectarium in Philadelphia. Very creepy - I don't like bugs. The girls had fun and I have to admit it was interesting. The girls touched some bugs as well. The only one Kayla would not touch was the hissing cockroach - can't say that I blame her. But Alysa liked it. They each got a plastic bug to bring home. I picked out a lady bug and grasshopper - both harmless bugs that I can deal with. J then had to get them each a toy plastic cockroach. Um...so now I get freaked out every time I see these things on the floor. The worst was when I see Alysa walk in the room with it in her mouth. YUCK!!!

Friday we took them to Storybook Land. It's an awesome amusement park for young kids. And all the rides can accomodate adults too. The girls had a BLAST!!! The went on almost every ride over and over again. Kayla with her fear of characters, actually went on the carousel (a horse) and the elephants and dragons. But only once on each. She wouldn't go near them again. Alysa couldn't care less what any of them were. It was actually perfect weather. A bit rainy and cooler, but it was not too much to dampen the day, but enough to keep the crowds away. So no lines. Yay! As we were leaving, Kayla said - "We can come back some day". Of course she asks multiple times a day if we are going back. :)

That should cover the gist of it. This has taken me ALL day. Here are some pics from our vacation!

Fun in the pools:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Playing "Shubble"
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Kayla swimming
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

At the Insectarium
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

At Storybook Land
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I hope everyone had a great week. I'll be continuing my journey of catch-up over the next few days.


posted at 8:47 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

what a fun time! I enjoyed all the pictures and that time share resort sounds wonderful! Can you use your time at other locations and not just there every year? Joe and I bought one last year when we were in Kimberling Inn & Resort in MO, but we can use it at many other locations around the states and world.

I'm sure it feels good to be home!

 
At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a fun time.Cute pics of the girls.I especially like the one 'I didn't Mind my Mommy!' That one is just too cute.
It's nice to get away on vacation, but it is nice to finally be home.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Oh my goodness, I love those photos!! I miss those girls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Saturday Scraps #4
Saturday Photo Hunt
We're Off
Saturday Scraps #3
Father's Day
Mommy Talk #10
Saturday Scraps #2
Saturday Photo Hunt
On the Mend
Wordless Wednesday

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: