About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Never a Dull Moment
Well, it happened. It took her 20 months, but Alysa "finally" did it. The Monkey climbed and paid the price. I worked yesterday instead of Wednesday this week b/c J has his store inventory tomorrow. So I get home last night and when I happened to be pulling in the driveway, J was working on dinner in the kitchen - yup, he cooks too! :) What do I see as I pull up? My two girls STANDING in the windowsill in the playroom (aka living room). Now we don't let them climb up there. They refuse to accept that rule. I will admit that it was cute though. So I come in the house and within a minute, Alysa is crying. She fell trying to get out of the window and landed somehow on her arm.

She wouldn't STOP crying. She wouldn't use her arm. We handed her toys, she used her right arm (her left was hurting). Finally, J got a can of unopened beer. They love the cold. She reached for it with both hands, grabbed it and it fell to the left as she couldn't hold it with her left hand. Her Ped's office told us to take her to the ER for x-rays. So, she had her first trip to the ER.

Thankfully nothing is broken - her teeny tiny little bones are just fine. But it hurts her. Even the x-ray tech could tell when she held her arm a couple ways she screamed even harder. But while at the hospital she had some pleasant, non screaming moments and started to use her arm a bit. She would hold my medical id card, but not her cup of "milk" (aka soy formula). Even with her crying, she was the hit of the hospital. One woman even told me "She's awesome" with all her talking - "Card please Mommy". "Thank you Mommy". "Milk Mommy." "Thank you Mommy." "All done card. Another card. Thank you Mommy." "It's raining Mommy." etc. etc.

I felt bad though that within all our rushing to get her arm immobilized and out of the house, I never thought to bring her comfort - Baby and Taggie. But Kayla, who was an amazing Big Sister to Alysa last night (bringing me the ice pack, comforting Alysa, etc) told J that Alysa was hungry and needed dinner. So J called me to offer to bring her a sandwich. He did and I told him to bring Baby and Taggie (she was asking for them over and over). Her little tear-stained face lit up when she saw them.

So although her arm is not broken and the doctor said her arm should be ok today - it's not. She's still in pain. She's babying it a lot and anytime she puts any weight on it or bumps it, she cries, holds it up to me and says "Arm. Kiss it." or "Fingers. Kiss it Mommy." She spend a lot of this morning crying. So I now have a call in to her Ped's office so they can tell me what they think.

So here's my question - Since Kayla has been in the ER 3 times in her short life (for reflux and her stomach viruses) and now Alysa has been there once for her arm - do you think they'll give a bulk discount on my $100 ER copay?


posted at 8:35 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 11:42 AM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Oh I hope her arm is better!!! Why do we spend so much time at the ER? Mark has been there 3 times and Jason has been 4 times and we have the $100.00 copay too. Friday night was the first time they made me pay at the time of the visit though. Usually they bill me. I was surprised. It's not like I stopped at the ATM on the way, so it's a good thing they take debit cards.
I hope the ped gives you some answers. Maybe she just sprained it. Poor little luv! I hope she's better soon!!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

So sorry to hear she had a fall like that! Glad to hear nothing is broken, but sorry she's still in pain! I wonder if she bruised a bone really bad - would that show up on an xray? Hope she is feeling better soon!

100 copay? Yikes!

 
At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad she didn't break anything. Sorry it still hurts her. That is cute, they just wanted to see mommy through the window. :)

We have $100 copay too, and I often wonder if we could get a make one trip the next trip half off discount!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Speechless!
I'm Honored
Kayla's Nightmare
Wordless Wednesday - In trouble again!
Marriage Monday
Kayla's 3rd Birthday Party
Food Allergy Article
Saturday Photo Hunt
The Wonders of Daddy
Alysa's Ice Cream Adventure

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: