About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Thursday, August 09, 2007
The Wonders of Daddy
As my girls get bigger, it gets a bit easier to understand the workings of their little complicated minds. Or at least, you know what they're thinking, even if you don't know how those thoughts come about.

It's very well known that Mommies have that "magic touch". We can calm tears and fears with a simple hug. We can heal a booboo with a kiss. When children are sick, they gravitate to Mommy. This is readily apparent with my girls. Even for things like brushing her tangled mop of knotty curls, Kayla demands me with the comb instead of J. I have to help her brush her teeth (most of the time). For a long, long time, she would accept no one but me to put her to bed. Alysa tends to ask me for help before asking others.

For all that Mommies do "best", I have also noticed that there are things that Daddies do "best". Daddy plays certain things with the girls that I just can't match. He makes them a super slide with their gymnastics mat and pillows. He "eats" their limbs and flies them around the house. He is the one they beg to help when he fixes things around the house. And in their little minds, their Daddy can fix anything and everything. If a toy needs batteries, I hear "Daddy has to fix it." If a sticker is ripped, I hear "Daddy will fix it." Tuesday, Kayla broke the tip of her crayon off and announced that "Daddy can fix it." She also snapped the rod from her window shade in half and told me ever so confidently, "Daddy will fix it."

So as much as both my girls can both be called "Mommy's Girls", in their eyes their Daddy holds a special kind of magic that not even Mommy can match!


posted at 9:11 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Terri said...

I can totally understand! I have two daddy's girls, on is almost 21 and one will be 6 next month. My 5 yr. old is all over me all the time for hugs and attention. But when daddy is in the room, who's lap is she climbing all over? Yep, her dad's. He ask her one day what she was going to do when she outgrew his lap. It made me sad thinking about that day. They grow up so fast.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Christine said...

That is true at our house too! Even though Jason and I are the exact same height (with me in flats) they perceive him as bigger. They think he's so strong and love to wrestle with him and do "guy" things- even Maddy!

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At our house, it seems like Daddy gives the best hugs, or when he comes home from work, and they hear his truck, the girls run to the door to be the first to give him a hug. My husband's a big kid at heart, so he gets down on the ground and plays with the kids. He shares special treats with them, and for some reason if I have the same treat, they like his better!
Daddy's do things a special way too, that my girls have a special place in their hearts for their dad.
Very touching post.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

So true! Moms and dads both bring different elements to their parenting and both ways are good and beneficial for kids! We take turns putting Kayla to bed, but even after all this time, she still wants me to do it every night. When it's Joe's "turn" I'll tell her daddy is going to read and she'll say, 'no mommy read!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Alysa's Ice Cream Adventure
Wordless Wednesday (sort of)
Happy Birthday Kayla
Saturday Scraps #7
Who Wants a 37" Flat Panel TV?
Saturday Photo Hunt
Kayla's 3 Year Chek Up
A Mish Mosh
Saturday Scraps #7
Saturday Photo Hunt

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: