About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Sunday, March 09, 2008
Day/Night Confusion at 3 1/2?
So it seems anyway. And it's really getting old...FAST! Tuesday night (I think) Kayla was in and out of her room. Granted, she was putting herself back to bed (a miracle in and of itself), but...she was up until 10:30!!! We put her to bed at 7 - that's a long time to be stalling off sleep. So I figured, ok - she's got some insomnia - J gets that, maybe it's genetic. Wednesday though, she took a nap - no surprise, but I knew it would cause problems Wednesday night - she was up that night until about 9/9:30. Again, in and out of her room. Thursday, I never put her in her room for a rest because I didn't want her to nap. I figured, then she'd be so tired, she'd fall asleep at 7-7:30 like normal. No such luck. She was up until about 8:30-9. Last night was another past 10:00 night (and I mean 10:00 old time). Today, of course she fell asleep during her rest. The kicker, is that Thursday night, she came out of her room with My Little Ponies in hand and said she needed help putting the helmet on during her REST. Yup, she said rest at 8:00PM. She's just all confused. We keep having to take her Leap Pad away and threaten to put her light in "time out" (meaning J will shut the light off with the pull string). We did get her down to using her reading light. I told her she can read, but it's a bit ridiculous now. Especially since we're getting some major melt-downs - she needs the sleep. Tonight it's even worse b/c she was so upset that it's light out. She kept telling me "it's good morning time" and that it was still light out. So, we've taken to not talking to her and not telling her to put herself back to bed. Instead, I just pick her up, while not looking at her and sit her on her bed and leave the room. I'm hoping no attention will do the trick. But then again, keeping in her room won't make her go to sleep. She's up there right now reading... (it's 8:30pm). I'm at my witt's end. It was melt-down city tonight at bed time. Any great tips for me out there?

But, I did get a good preschooler'ism out of it. Last night, she came out and from the top of the stairs, asked me a question (I honestly don't remember what it was). I answered her and then she said, "I'm sorry Mommy, but I did not hear you. What did you say?" It just sounded SO grown up that it really threw me. Was I talking to my 3 1/2 year old or a mini adult???



In other news - we rearranged Alysa's room today. She's been climbing on her doll crib to turn her light and fan on. This morning when I went in to get her, she was in bed and told me she turned her fan on (ceiling fan) all by herself. She had gotten out of bed, climbed in her toy crib, turned the fan on and got back into bed. One day that thing is going to cave under her feather-weight. So...we took out her glider, got her a new chair (her size - an early b-day present from my parents) and set up her big girl room. She is so excited and actually played for an hour before her nap today.










Another dairy tidbit...
Today, I was telling Kayla about out trip to Disney next year. She didn't want to see Cinderella and or Snow White, but when I mentioned Lightening McQueen, she got so excited. So she was going on and on talking about seeing LM and Mater. Then she said, "And Mommy, if you see dairy, you let Kayla know. You keep me safe." Her understanding is growing by leaps and bounds...


posted at 7:51 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Blessed said...

my sweet sister the Muse - still gets her days and nights confused and she's 20 something :) -- I don't know, it sounds like you might have a night owl on your hands -- good luck figuring out a solution!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger With His Grace said...

Claire has been going thru that this week as well! I am about to rip my hair out! One small exception my daughter thinks 6:00 a.m. is an appropriate time to rise even though she didn't go to bed until late! It would be okay if she napped but she hasn't done that in two years.....leaving me with a 4 year old afternoon meltdown daily!!!!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Jenileigh said...

I love her room! Its so pretty but not as pretty as Alysa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Soy Free - Or Not
The Traumatic Fall
Heartbreaking
Nutritionist Update
A Good Start to the Day
Wordless Wednesday - Mother/Daugher Edition
It’s the Little Things
The Latest News from our House
Pssst...A Contest
I Spoke Too Soon

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: