About Me

Name:
Sue

Location:
Southern New Jersey

I am a Mom to 2 amazing and fun daughters and wife to a great guy and a wonderful father!

My Complete Profile

Email Me


Kayla
Kayla, my oldest. She is 4 1/2 and is a sweet, loving and silly little girl. She took us 2 ½ years and 3 IVF’s to conceive. Kayla is allergic to dairy. We manage her allergy and work to balance her safety with giving her a normal childhood. Kayla loves to read books and play games - she amazes me every day.


Alysa
Alysa, my youngest. She is 3 years old and is a silly little spitfire. She’s our monkey and loves to climb on everything. She was a “natural” baby, but it was only b/c of my wonderful doctors that we were able to stop an impending miscarriage. Alysa suffers from Acid Reflux Disease and sleep apnea. She may be little, but she has a big personality. She adores her big sister and is so much fun to be around. She keeps me laughing every day.


Photobucket
Our Daily Reads
Photobucket
On My Nightstand
Photobucket Photobucket
Photos
Mothers Day 2009

Wednesday, November 19, 2008
The happy California memories
Yes, there were happy ones, a lot actually. Now that I have gotten the negative, griping out of the way, I can focus on the positive. Becky’s wedding was beautiful!!! She was a gorgeous bride (not that there was any doubt) and Greg is a very lucky man. Her dress was absolutely amazing. Even among all the chaos, we made it the hotel with time enough to take a shower and refresh a little bit. After the ceremony, we headed back to the hotel for the cocktail hour and enjoyed cheese-cheese-and more-cheese. The ballroom was magnificent and above their table, they have their initials in lights. The food was amazingly delicious – we both had the filet mignon. We sat with some of Becky’s other out-of-state friends, a few of them from the east coast. They were all very nice and we enjoyed ourselves. I even got to spend a little time talking to Becky. She was so glad we were there, as was I. As miserable a trip out it was, I’m glad we made it for her big night. I only wish we had more time. We never got to have any cake because I just couldn’t stand up anymore after a while. I had gone 43 hours with only 1 hour of sleep. Thankfully the hotel bed was very comfortable. I slept like a rock!

On the way to LA on Friday, I talked to Kayla on the phone. She asked me if I was on the plane and when I her I was in California, she just giggled. The girls think it’s pretty funny that I’m all the way in California. It was so good to hear their laughter – it was much needed after the trip out we had.

With our detour along the scenic route, Jerome was happy to see the Pacific Ocean.

With all the chaos we encountered in the first 2 days of our trip, it was great to get back to San Jose not only to our luggage, but also to some relaxing and very warm weather. Ronnie & Paul took us to a football game at the university they both attended (it is also where they met). It was fun and we were able to meet some other friends of theirs.

Sunday was spent relaxing, chatting and playing with their son Miguel. He’s such a great kid with an adorable personality and sense of humor. We even got to out for ice cream. How nice was that??? Let’s just say Lactaid was my friend on this trip. I had to eat enough cheese and drink enough milk to last me a while and I definitely took advantage of it.

Jerome hit the jackpot when we went for ice cream. We were walking around a section of San Jose and he spotted a classic car show/meet-up. Of course we had to go take a look. He enjoyed showing Miguel the cars, especially the Barracuda that was there.

It was so wonderful to not only be able to be at Becky’s wedding, but to spend some time with Ronnie. She and I have been friends for about 6 years. Having met during our battles with infertility, it bonded us. She’s an amazing person and I’m so glad we have remained friends all this time. Miguel is 5 months to the day older than Kayla. I was sad that the girls couldn’t go with us to play with Miguel, but hopefully there will be another visit – either us to them or vice versa. She and Paul were amazing to us. They are such good friends and I don’t know what we would have done without them. They really helped us stay sane during the excruciating trip out. They waited up for me the night I arrived, packed us lunch and snacks for the tip to LA, loaned me a dress for the wedding and drove us to the airport at 5am on Monday. And…since Becky’s wedding gift was in my suitcase they offered to ship it for us which will save me the time and a few dollars from shipping it from New Jersey. We really enjoyed ourselves. I was thrilled to have some quality time to talk to Ronnie. Much nicer than e-mail.

The visit with Ronnie and Becky were too short, but it’s also good to be home. When I got in the car, both girls were ecstatic and Alysa said, “I am SO happy!!!” Aside from the girls, it was also nice to get home to one of the few things NJ is actually cheaper on – gas. We paid $2.59 for gas for the rental car and came home to $1.83. I also have some wonderfully cheap kids. I picked them each up a postcard of San Jose. That’s it and by their reaction, you’d think I got them each diamonds.

I’m putting some pictures below from our trip. Please remember that for the wedding, I had NO luggage, therefore NO make-up. So please be kind. ;)

The beautiful California mountains


This cracked me up. At the church someone used a Victoria’s Secret bag to carry items to the wedding.


Becky and me


Me & J


The fire that shut down Rte 5 in LA


Ronnie & me


Ronnie & Miguel


J & me enjoying our ice cream


J sharing his love of cars with Paul & Miguel


posted at 6:29 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I can't believe you were there and are back already. These days are flying right by for me. My lofty goal to be Sue-like and finish my x-mas shopping before Thanksgiving isn't exactly working out but I started so that counts for something! The kids are so busy and keeping me running. You look great in the pics even sans makeup. I love the pic of you guys eating ice cream. The travel nightmares will fade and you will have all these good memories of good times and great company.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Typette said...

wow -- short sleeves. Gosh, I wish I was there right NOW!
The pic of you and Jerome with ice cream is awesome. You look like a young college couple... love it!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Blessed said...

Well, I'm glad the good parts of your trip were "good" :)

And I'm sure you enjoyed all that dairy!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm glad you were able to have a nice, albeit short, visit with your friends and make it to the wedding!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search


Photobucket
Make your custom magnet at SupportOurRibbons.com
Photobucket
Blogs I Visit
Allergy Moms Blog
Are We There Yet
Big Blueberry Eyes
Check My Tag
Food Allergy FAQ
Fruit In Season (my Sister's blog)
Go Dairy Free
I'm a Drama Mama
Irish Triplets
My Daughters' Site
No Whey Mama
Our Story
Parenting a Child with Food Allergies
Parenting Solved
Pink Explosion
Principled Perspectives (my Father's blog)
Tuesday's Child
Typette

Blogs I've Designed
Fruit In Season
Principled Perspectives

Digi Scrap Blogs
Digi Treats by Pamela
Lindsay Jane Designs
Peppermint Creative
Sworda Scrappin
Tracy's Scraps

Photobucket

Blogrolls
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Friendly Blogroll []

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sat Phot Hunt Blogroll []

Recent Posts
Running on Empty
A long ago tag
Christmas Giveaways
Almost out of here & Photo Contest
The other side of Alysa
Christmas time is here...
I’m not surprised…
Blocking it out
Making Daddy proud
Halloween Adventures

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009

I'm Proud Of
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Miscellaneous
Mom Blogs The WeatherPixie
Subscribe with Bloglines

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: